Friday, June 29, 2012

Finding motivation and interesting subjects to paint ... try holiday cards!

Finding something to paint could be hard at times. Especially when you are unable to go places and paint outside. I found that sometimes its not the subject that gets me going but the purpose of the painting. For example, around mothers day I was determined to paint everyone a unique card that moms can frame easily after they've read it. So i began to doodle on a 5X7 piece of 140lb watercolor paper. My first try was a disaster but I was just warming up... My second came out fabulous and after that one I was able to do 2 more and they all came out uniquely different! I then glued the completed paintings to a clean piece of watercolor paper of the same size and it gave me a clean surface to write my message, I can't even begin to explain how much my ladies loved their cards. They also told me that they framed their cards after the fact and displayed them in their house. Great success, mission accomplished!!!

Each one of these took me about 30 minutes to complete.




No comments:

Post a Comment