Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Painting Daily

As much as I browse the internet and check out other artist's blogs, they all seem to find time to paint something daily. I will have to admit, however, that I am not able to keep to that routine. I usually end up painting once or twice a week more or less, but just as any artist I would like to gain experience and the only way to do so is to paint often.

I think I know what my problem is... instead of painting something manageable in short period of time, like 30 minutes, I always start something grand, large, complicated... Simply put, if I know that I cant finish something i want to paint in time I have available I simply don't start it.

So here is my resolution: I am going to paint every day starting tomorrow and do it for consecutive 7 days. Any subject, any media the only limit is 30 minutes! We will see what come out of this :)

Pastel on Colourfix (brown) 8X10

No comments:

Post a Comment