Saturday, September 28, 2013

Study of a tree with an ink pen

I went to the park the other day and a tree caught my eye. I decide to try out a chap set of ink pens I purchased at Michaels a while ago. They are manufactured in japan by ZIG and are called Millennium collection. They came in a set of 5 different tip sizes and they seem to work OK for what i paid for them. I haven't gotten a ton of experience with this type of pen and at some point when I paused for a couple of minutes I went to draw again and the pen was dry and it took a second to start working again. Generally you don't experience that with a ball point pen so it caught me off guard. I think logically all felt tip pens would do that so I doubt it's a defect. one thing I was impressed with is the consistency of the strokes with this pen was similar to roller ball when it touched and left the paper resulting in a very good consistent line. I'll keep my eye out for other brands and compare them in the future.



This tree is located in Tryon park in Rochester NY.
9x12 in Sketchbook

No comments:

Post a Comment